The Teen Council's charge, as approved by the San Ramon City Council, is to:
- Advise and inform staff and Parks and Community Services Commission on the various issues relating to the teens, outlining the needs of the population.
- Provide recommendations to staff and Commission on teen programs and policies relating to teen recreation services.
- Appoint appropriate sub-committees as necessary to further the work of the teen program mission and the efforts of the Department and the Teen Council.
- Receive input from the teen population in San Ramon, including input from other organizations and individuals on issues relevant to the teen population.
- Act as a liaison for teen issues to governmental and private organizations.
- Advocate teen issues within the entire community.
- Identify problems of teen services and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Be a channel of communication between the staff and the teen population.
- Provide feedback to staff on the assessment of current and future needs of the teen population for the purpose of program planning.
Meeting Times: 3rd Tuesday of the month
6:30 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
Dougherty Station Community Center - 17011 Bollinger Canyon Road
>>Click here for the most recent Teen Council Meeting Agenda<<
CITY COUNCIL LIAISON:
PARKS & COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION LIAISON:
Heidi Kenniston-Lee (Alternate)
Jennifer Gault, Youth & Teen Coordinator