Note: Obtain all necessary permits for repair intended, i.e., building and plumbing permit (for valve removal or installation).
- Remove existing shower enclosure wall covering.
- Remove all damaged (dry rot or water damaged) building materials.
- Procedure for removal / replacement of studs shall be approved by Building & Safety Division.
- Install new framing, flooring building materials.
INSPECTION REQUIRED PRIOR TO PROCEEDING.
- Install 15# felt over studs to a height of at least seventy (70) inches above the inlet of the drain. 15# felt shall extend over lip of tub flange or shower receptor for at least four (4) inches. Install approved backing material.
- Backing material is required to be an approved cementious material. Durock, Wonderboard, Denshield, Hardibacker or any approved backing material providing equivalent protection in accordance with the California Building Codes. Backing is required to be installed per manufacturer's specification using all specified materials and methods, i.e., roofing nails, fiberglass tape, and thin set taping material.
- Water resistant gypsum board (Greenboard) is permitted to be used only when covered with sheets of enclosure materials that incorporate an interlock system for sheeting material or incorporates corner sections, such as in the case of marble or onyx materials.
INSPECTION IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO PROCEEDING.
- Install ceramic tile, marlite, marble, onyx, or other approved material over backing material.
- Grout, caulk, or seal around all wall penetrations with approved material.
- Install shower door(s) if appropriate.
- Note: Door(s) are required to be safety glazing.
INSPECTION IS REQUIRED FOR FINAL APPROVAL.