Remember to always check with the Planning Division at (925) 973-2560 to confirm zoning requirements prior to beginning your project!
REQUIRED DOCUMENT SUBMITTAL
(Please provide three (3) complete sets)
- Cover Sheet Information: job site address; business name; name, address & phone number of owner; name, address, phone number & stamp/signature of project designer/architect and/or engineer; occupancy classification(s); type of construction; basic description of project.
- Original Signature (& wet stamp) of Project Designer(s) is Required On All Drawings.
- Plot Plan: (indicate scale); lot dimensions; dimensions which indicate the distance from all existing and proposed buildings to adjacent property lines; north arrow; identification of all streets and right-of-ways adjacent to the site; location of easements and visible utilities on site.
- Architectural Plan: (indicate scale); floor plans identifying all room areas and uses; building sections; details of all fire-rate assemblies; stairway, handrail & guardrail details; window schedule; door schedule; room finish schedule; exterior building elevations & exterior wall covering specifications (when exterior changes are proposed); etc.
- Title 24 Disabled Access Plans: (indicate scale); provide comprehensive plans & specifications verifying compliance with Chapter 11 of the 2013 California Building Code for disabled access.
- Structural Plans: (indicate scale); when structural changes are proposed, provide as appropriate; footing/foundation plan; floor framing plan; roof framing plan; structural frame details; truss diagrams (including ID#’s and splice & connection details); structural material specs; etc.
- Electrical Plans: complete electrical plans which identify the location and capacity of the main service equipment and all distribution panels; detail all computed loads and ground-fault calculations; locations of all new and/or altered receptacles, switches, lighting fixtures (reflected ceiling plan); exit signage; etc.
- Plumbing Plans: complete plumbing plans sufficient to show the size and location of all new and/or altered plumbing fixtures, appliances, piping, tubing venting, grease traps, etc.; pipe size calculations (waste/vent, water, roof drain); indicate whether appliances are gas operated, electric or otherwise; etc.
- Mechanical Plans: complete mechanical plans and/or specifications sufficient to identify the size and location of all new and/or altered heating; ventilating and air-conditioning equipment; equipment schedule with BTU rating; gas pipe sizing calculations; smoke/fire damper locations; etc. Provide details of Type I hoods, calculations and full compliance with 2013 California Mechanical Code.
Please be advised that separate permits will be required for low voltage (i.e. telephone, computer, and alarm systems), trash enclosures, Generators, as well as exterior signage.
CALCULATIONS - 2 SETS
- Structural Calculations - with wet signature and stamp on each sheet. Wind load design factor is 85 M.P.H. - exposure "C"; seismic design category D or E (site specific).
- Title 24 Energy Calculations & Forms: complete energy documentation (including all required calculations); Forms ENV-1C, MECH-1C, AND LTG-1C, completely filled out and signed by owner and designer are required on plans for all submittals.
- San Ramon Valley Fire Department Receipt of Construction Drawings,
- 1500 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon, CA 94583; (925) 838-6600
- Environmental Health Department Stamp (required for all food establishments); (925) 335-3200
- Sanitary District Review Stamp by:
- Dublin San Ramon Services District, 7051 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA 94568; (925) 828-0515; or
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District, 5019 Imhoff Pl, Martinez, CA 94553; (925) 228-9500