Remember to always check with the Planning Division at(925) 973-2560 to confirm zoning requirements prior to beginning your project!
REQUIRED DOCUMENT SUBMITTAL
(Please provide five (5) complete sets)
- Cover Sheet Information: job site address; business name; name, address & phone number of owner; name, address, phone number & stamp/signature of project designer/architect and/or engineer; occupancy classification(s); type of construction; basic description of project.
- Original Signature (& wet stamp) of Project Designer(s) is Required On All Drawings. Two (2) sets.
- Plot Plan: (indicate scale); lot dimensions; dimensions which indicate the distance from all existing and proposed buildings to adjacent property lines; north arrow; identification of all streets and right-of-ways adjacent to the site; location of easements and visible utilities on site.
- Architectural Plan: (indicate scale); floor plans identifying all room areas and uses; building sections; details of all fire-rate assemblies; stairway, handrail & guardrail details; window schedule; door schedule; room finish schedule; exterior building elevations & exterior wall covering specifications; etc.
- Title 24 Disabled Access Plans: (indicate scale); provide comprehensive plans & specifications verifying compliance with Chapter 11 of the 2013 California Building Code for disabled access.
- Structural Plans: (indicate scale), provide as appropriate; footing/foundation plan; floor framing plan; roof framing plan; structural frame details; truss diagrams (including ID#’s and splice & connection details); structural material specs; etc.
- Electrical Plans: complete electrical plans which identify the location and capacity of the main service equipment and all distribution panels; detail all computed loads and ground-fault calculations; locations of all new and/or altered receptacles, switches, lighting fixtures (reflected ceiling plan); exit signage; etc.
- Plumbing Plans: complete plumbing plans sufficient to show the size and location of all new and/or altered plumbing fixtures, appliances, piping, tubing venting, grease traps, etc.; pipe size calculations (waste/vent, water, roof drain); indicate whether appliances are gas operated, electric or otherwise; etc.
- Mechanical Plans: complete mechanical plans and/or specifications sufficient to identify the size and location of all new and/or altered heating; ventilating and air-conditioning equipment; equipment schedule with BTU rating; gas pipe sizing calculations; smoke/fire damper locations; etc.
Please be advised that separate permits will be required for low voltage (i.e. telephone, computer, and alarm systems), trash enclosures, generators, as well as exterior signage.
CALCULATIONS - 2 SETS
- Structural Calculations - with wet signature and stamp on each sheet. Wind load design factor is 85 M.P.H. - exposure "C"; seismic design category D or E (site specific).
- Title 24 Energy Calculations & Forms: complete energy documentation (including all required calculations); Forms ENV-1C, LTG-1C and MECH-1C, completely filled out and signed by owner and designer are required on plans for all submittals.
- Geotechnical (Soils) Report
- Stipulation of required special inspections & other structural inspections per CBC Chapter 17. (2013 California Building Code)
- San Ramon Valley Fire Department Receipt of Construction Drawings, 1500 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon, CA 94583; (925) 838-6600
- Environmental Health Department Stamp (required for all food establishments) (925) 335-3200
- Sanitary District Review Stamp by:
- Dublin San Ramon Services District, 7051 Dublin Blvd, Dublin, CA 94568; (925) 828-0515; or
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District, 5019 Imhoff Pl, Martinez, CA 94553; (925) 228-9500