CITY OF SAN RAMON
Youth and Adult Sports
Parks & Community Services Department
Temporary / Part-Time / No Benefits
25-40 hours per week, depending on season
COMPENSATION: $26.28 - $32.85 per hour, depending on experience
Under supervision of the Program Manager, this position provides leadership and assistance in providing recreation programs and services including coordinating, implementing, scheduling and monitoring programs, services and office operations in the area of adult and youth sports programs at local facilities. The workweek is flexibly scheduled and will include evenings, weekends, split shifts and holidays such as Fourth of July.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Consistently exhibit leadership abilities and professional conduct;
- Monitor day to day operations of assigned programs, classes, and facilities;
- Assist in coordination and implementation of assigned programs, classes, operations and events;
- Assist in supervision of temporary and volunteer staff including selecting, monitoring, training, and determining scheduling and work loads;
- Respond to customer questions and inquiries regarding classes, programs, facilities, policies and fees;
- Maintain accurate records and reports, inventory of program and facility supplies;
- Perform clerical and front counter duties related to customer service, registration, and filing;
- Assist in various Adult and Youth Sports programs, events, meetings, and training programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of philosophy, objectives and requirements of an adult sports, youth sports and/or community service program;
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer programs and related software applications, specifically Microsoft Word, & Excel;
- Preferred knowledge of the CLASS registration software;
- Knowledge of safety standards and information related to operating adult and youth sports programs;
- Ability to utilize staff and volunteers effectively;
- Ability to function effectively without direct supervision and develop effective working relationships with City staff and public;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to receive direction and follow oral and written instructions;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Ability to evaluate personnel and programs effectively;
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate department's needs;
- Ability to lift or manage loads of 50 pounds.
- Ability to submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Appropriate clearance from background check and fingerprinting;
- Valid Class C California driver's license or ability to obtain by date of hire;
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma, at least 2 years customer service experience and one year recreational activity-related experience, preferably in adult sports, youth sports or special events; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. A Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration or Sports Management is preferred;
- Possession of a negative TB test within the last two years;
- Possession of the Standard First Aid, CPR and AED certification or ability to complete within first 3 months of employment.
Benefits are not available for this position beyond what is required by law.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The best qualified applicants, as determined by initial screening of applications, will be invited to participate in an interview process which may consist of both written and oral portions. Appointments will be made from the eligibility list established from the results of the interview process.
A city application is required. For an application packet, please call our 24-hour hotline at (925) 973-2505, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or download a City application from our website at http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/employ/opportunities.html.
Please send your completed application to:
City of San Ramon
Parks and Community Services Department
Attn: Bonnie Mertz
2226 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583
Please direct all inquiries about this position to Bonnie Mertz at (925) 973-2608. This position will remain OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The City of San Ramon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with Federal law, the City of San Ramon will only hire individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States. As a condition of employment, you will be required to present proof of your identity and employment eligibility. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Employee Services Division at (925) 973-2523.
Information contained herein is subject to change without notice.