ROAD AND LANDSCAPING PROJECTS:
- CENTRALIZED IRRIGATION SYSTEM UPGRADE PROJECT - This project will upgrade the irrigation controllers that are older than ten years old and convert the controllers that utilize digital communication format with the central computer to local radio transmission.
- CITYWIDE LANDSCAPING PLANTING RENOVATION PROJECT - This project will provide annual landscaping improvements to the Landscaping District throughout the City.
- DOUGHERTY VALLEY TREE PLANTING PROGRAM - This project will provide for the removal of selected trees located in narrow planter strips of various subdivisions within the Dougherty Valley.
- PARKING LOT PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE PROJECT - This project will provide for resurfacing of the parking lots at City parks and facilities. This year, parking lot at Memorial Park.
- PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT PROJECT 2016 - This project will include asphalt concrete overlay, thin maintenance overlay (TMO), and micro-surfacing pavement treatments in the following locations: Portola at Gale Ranch; Trevari at Gale Ranch; West Branch (Red Willow Road area); Twin Creeks Hills courtside; Twin Creeks Hills Unit 3; Westside subdivision; Marlboro Court; May Way; and Ernwood Street. Related items of work include: concrete curb, gutter, and sidewalk; construction and modification of concrete curb ramps; crack sealing; pavement striping; markings and markers; and all other work necessary to complete the Pavement Management Project.
- PAVEMENT REPAIR STOP GAP PROJECT 2016/2017 - This project will provide pavement patch repairs on City streets on an as-needed basis.
- SAN RAMON VALLEY BOULEVARD BEAUTIFICATION PROJECT - This project will improve the streetscape and landscape to beautify the pedestrian and visual environment on San Ramon Valley Boulevard from Crow Canyon Road to the northern City limits. Phase 2 of this project includes improvements along the proposed Sakura Restaurant frontage at 2257 San Ramon Valley Boulevard.
TRAFFIC SIGNAL PROJECTS:
- PEDESTRIAN ENHANCEMENT DEVICES PROJECT - This project will install in-roadway lights and flashing signage at marked crosswalks to provide increased awareness of pedestrian activity. The locations include: Alcosta Boulevard at Fire Station No. 34 south driveway; Harcourt Way and Craiglee Drive; Talavera Drive at Cardona Circle (south); Windemere Parkway and Holborn Way; and Windemere Parkway and Kearny Way.
- TRAFFIC SIGNALS IMPROVEMENTS AND ENHANCEMENTS PROJECT - This project provides for improvements and enhancements to approximately 94 traffic signal intersection pole heads and arms in the City. Currently, will install traffic loop detectors.
PARKS AND FACILITY PROJECTS:
- ADA AND SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR PLAYGROUND UPGRADES PROJECT - This project will retrofit the playgrounds at various City parks to provide access to playground facilities in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and compliance with Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) safety regulations. This year, Mill Creek Hollow Park.
- AMADOR RANCHO CENTER FURNISHINGS & EQUIPMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the purchase of furnishings and related office equipment for the newly built Amador Rancho Center Facility.
- CENTRAL PARK RESTORATION AND IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT - This project will restore the aging park infrastructure, site amenities and provide enhancements to the existing park features. This will be a multi-year, phased project. This coming year will include restroom renovation at the concession area, irrigation work and additional tree installation to the park.
- CITY FACILITIES FLOOR COVERING MAINTENANCE AND REPLACEMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the replacement and or repair of floor coverings at City facilities. This year will include new tile at restrooms San Ramon Olympic Pool & Aquatic Park.
- CITY FACILITIES ROOF COVERING MAINTENANCE AND REPLACEMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the replacement and or repair of roof coverings at City facilities. This year will include reroof of Pool Shed at San Ramon Olympic Pool.
- CITY FACILITIES SECURITY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT - This project will provide for the installation of enhanced facility security measures at several of the City's highly used public facilities.
- CITYWIDE PARKS AMENITIES REPLACEMENT AND IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT - This project will provide replacement of aging park infrastructure, site amenities and provide enhancements to the existing park features. This will be a multi-year, phased project. This coming year will include replacement of drinking fountains at Athan Downs, Mill Creek Hollow, Red Willow and Fire Truck Parks; replacement of damaged barbecues at Monarch, Village Green, Memorial, Red Willow and Athan Downs Parks; replacement of promenade trees and valves as well as roll coat surfacing at Athan Downs Park; and renovation of synthetic field at Tiffany Roberts Park.
- CITYWIDE EXTERIOR PAINTING & SEALING PROJECT - This project will provide for the painting and sealing work at City facilities. This year will include painting of the metal shed at San Ramon Olympic Pool & Aquatic Park.
- DOUGHERTY VALLEY AQUATIC CENTER EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the replacement of pool heaters, pumps, motors and related equipment at Dougherty Valley Aquatic Center.
- FOUNTAIN REPAIRS AND REPLACEMENT PROJECT- This project will provide repairs and renovation to existing City fountains on an as-needed basis.
- INTERIOR AMENITIES PROJECT - This project provides for the renovation and replacement of interior surfaces throughout the City's facilities which will maintain the facilities' appearance and prolong the life expectancy of the assets. Currently, replacing kitchen cabinets and lighting upgrade at Alcosta & Senior Community Center; replace ADA front doors at Dougherty Station Library; replace elevator at San Ramon Community Center; and complete conversion of door/key systems upgrade to all City facilities.
- PARK IRRIGATION BOOSTER PUMP INSTALLATION PROJECT - This project will install irrigation booster pumps to provide optimum pressure and eliminate wet spots to allow for more playable field conditions. This year, work includes Old Ranch Park and Quail Run Park.
- PARK RESTROOM RENOVATIONS PROJECT - This project will repair and renovate existing restroom buildings with new prefabricated restroom buildings for public use. This year, work will be at Memorial Park.
- PUBLIC ART IN PARKS PROJECT - This project will provide for a
commissioned piece of public art for City parks throughout the City. Currently,
companion piece at Athan Downs Park and new City Hall.
- RECREATION PROGRAM AND FACILITIES EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the replacement of aging equipment used in recreation programs in community facilities throughout the City. This year, upgrade to equipment for Front Row Theater and Box Office; furnishings for the Green Room at the Dougherty Station Community Center; and replacement of chairs at San Ramon Community Center.
- SAN RAMON OLYMPIC POOL EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the replacement of pool heaters, pumps, motors and related equipment at San Ramon Olympic Pool.
- SHADE STRUCTURE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT - This project will provide for the installation of new shade structures throughout the City parks on a prioritization of need and availability of funding. The locations for this year includes: Sports Park, and Central Park. Old Ranch and Bark and Ride have been completed.
- TELEPHONE SYSTEM UPGRADE PROJECT - This project will provide for the replacement of the current telephone system used throughout the City.
- CITY HALL PROJECT - This project will provide for
the design and construction of a new 45,000 square foot City Hall to be located in Central Park. The work is being completed through a design-build agreement between the City and Sunset Development Company, and is anticipated for Spring 2016 completion.
- PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS - Annual Curb, Gutter and Sidewalk Repairs throughout the City.
- SUMMERWOOD LOOP PATHS REPLACEMENT/REHABILITATION PROJECT - This project will provide for the rehabilitation and replacement of deteriorated asphalt concrete paths on Summerwood Loop, including the removal of damaging trees and tree roots.
- EBMUD SAN RAMON VALLEY RECYCLED WATER PROJECT - SAN RAMON - The East Bay Municipal Utility District (EMBUD) Project will install a 3.6 mile expansion of recycled water pipe into the Bishop Ranch Business Park area. Pipeline installation will take place on Alcosta Boulevard, Crow Canyon Road, Bollinger Canyon Road, Camino Ramon, Norris Canyon Road, Executive Parkway, Bishop Drive, and El Capitan Drive (Danville). EBMUD anticipates construction to be fully completed by August 2016.
- CALTRANS I-680 EXPRESS LANES PROJECT FROM WALNUT CREEK TO SAN RAMON – This Project converts existing HOV lanes on the freeway to Express Lanes that can be used toll free by high occupancy vehicles (2 or more passengers) and also by solo drivers who will pay a toll. This construction Project includes the installation of freeway lane striping, signs, FasTrak® toll tag readers, and traffic monitoring video cameras. The majority of the freeway work will be completed at night from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM with temporary lane closures. Work within City right-of-way will be on San Ramon Valley Boulevard and will consist of temporary construction sign installation and PG&E utility box and conduit installations to connect new electrical services to power the electronic signs, FasTrak® toll tag readers, and traffic monitoring video cameras. Project construction from Walnut Creek to San Ramon is scheduled to be completed by fall 2016.