Home City Council Departments Services Calendar Contact Us Search
San Ramon City Offices
San Ramon LogoCity Attorney title line

Martin Lysons

Martin Lysons
7000 Bollinger Canyon Rd
Phone: (925) 973-2549
Email: CityAttorney@sanramon.ca.gov

The City Attorney renders timely, professional legal advice to the City Council and City departments; prepares, amends, and reviews official City documents, laws and regulations, and represents the City in litigation, including civil worker's compensation and council matters.


  1. Can residents get legal advice from the City Attorney?

    No.  The City Attorney cannot provide legal services to the general public.  Individuals must retain private attorneys for personal matters. 


    Bay Area Legal Aid https://baylegal.org/
    (800) 551-5554
    California Courts Self-help center:
    Contra Costa County Superior Court Online self-help information:
    Contra Costa County Bar Association Attorney referral service:
    Phone: (925)825-5700
    The State Bar of California Pamphlets and legal guides on a variety of subjects:  http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Pamphlets.aspx

  2. What is the difference between the District Attorney’s Office and the City Attorney’s Office?

    The City Attorney is appointed by the Mayor and City Council.  The City Attorney's Office provides legal services to the Mayor and City Council, City departments, boards, commissions and staff. 

    The District Attorney’s Office is responsible for the prosecution of felony and misdemeanor crimes in Contra Costa County and has specialized divisions.  The Consumer Protection Unit investigates and prosecutes cases such as deceptive advertising, tax evasion, employer fraud, and other economic crimes committed by businesses. 
    The Contra Costa County DA’s office can be reached at (925)957-2200. For more information please visit http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/203/District-Attorney

  3. How do I report a crime or municipal code violation?

    To report an emergency or crime in-progress, please call 911 or Police Dispatch at (925)973-2779. For more information, please visit the Police Services webpage.
    The Building & Safety Services division is charged with the enforcement of the City of San Ramon Municipal and Zoning Ordinances.  Phone: (925) 973-2580.
    Inquiries and requests may also be submitted using the City of San Ramon’s online Citizen Request Management system at http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/general/crm.htm

  4. How do I submit a claim for personal injury or damage to property?

    The City of San Ramon’s claim form and submittal instructions may be found at: http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/clerk/claimform.html

  5. Can I get documents notarized at City Hall?

    No, the City does not provide notary public services to the general public. The California Secretary of State website maintains a Notary Public Listing at: http://www.sos.ca.gov/notary/


We provide efficient delivery of quality public services that are essential to those who live and work in San Ramon.
7000 Bollinger Canyon Rd, San Ramon, CA 94583 | Map | Phone (925) 973-2500 | Fax (925) 866-1436