Open Space Task Force
The Open Space Task Force charge, as approved by the San Ramon City Council, is to:
- Establish priorities for open space preservation based on evaluating biologic, ecologic, and historical significance, visual quality, presence of waterways and riparian habitat, and recreation opportunities.
- Advise the City Council through the Parks and Community Services Commission regarding funding sources for open space acquisition, preservation, and maintenance.
- Provide a forum for community input regarding open space.
- Encourage developers to explore Transfer of Development Rights in conjunction with project review.
- Explore funding opportunities to restore degraded habitat on publicly owned open space.
- Confer with appropriate agencies to create region-wide open space systems.