Planning Commission Minutes
MINUTES OF THE
March 18, 2014
A regular meeting of the Planning Commission for the City of San Ramon was called to order by Chair Wallis at 7:00 p.m., on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 in the Council Chambers, 2222 Camino Ramon, San Ramon CA.
Present: Commissioners; Kerger, Marks, Viers, Chair Wallis
Absent: Vice Chair Benedetti
Staff: Phil Wong, Planning Director; Debbie Chamberlain, Division Manager; Ryan Driscoll, Assistant Planner; Alicia Poon, Deputy City Attorney; Luisa Amerigo, Recording Secretary.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS OR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: At this time those in the audience are encouraged to address the Planning Commission on any item not already included in tonight’s agenda. If possible, comments should not exceed five (5) minutes. (Audio 00:34)
Robert Klingner San Ramon resident expressed his concerns about the public notice on the revised Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND). Mr. Klingner requested an extension of two weeks to allow the public more time to review the document.
5. ADDITIONS AND REVISIONS
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (Audio 2:19)
7. CONTINUED ITEMS AFTER CLOSING OF PUBLIC HEARING –None-
8. CONTINUED ITEMS – OPEN PUBLIC HEARING - None -
9.1 Genius Kids Club at 11020 Bollinger Canyon Road, Suite D. Staff Report by: Ryan Driscoll, Assistant Planner.
Ryan Driscoll, Assistant Planner gave a report and stated that the applicant is requesting approval of a Land Use Permit (LUP).
Applicant Rennu Dhillion provided background information and answered the Planning Commissions questions.
Chair Wallis opened the public hearing.
Robert Klingner San Ramon resident stated that he was in favor of the application.
Chair Wallis closed the public hearing.
The motion was made by Planning Commissioner Viers and seconded by Planning Commissioner Kerger to approve LUP 14-500-001 Genius Kids Club at 11020 Bollinger Canyon Road, Suite D.YES: Commissioners: Viers, Kerger, Marks, and Chair Wallis
ABSENT: Vice Chair Benedetti
10. NON-PUBLIC HEARING ACTION ITEMS (Audio 38:30)
11. STUDY SESSION/COMMISSIONER LIAISON REPORT AND INTEREST TERMS/STAFF REPORTS.
11.1 Liaison Assignments - Liaison Assignments were assigned.
12. ADJOURNMENT There being no further discussion Chair Wallis adjourned the meeting at 7:50 p.m. (Audio 46:52)