Planning Commission Minutes
MINUTES OF THE
A regular meeting of the Planning Commission for the City of San Ramon was called to order by Chair Wallis at 7:00 p.m., on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 in the Council Chambers, 2222 Camino Ramon, San Ramon CA.
Present: Commissioners; Kerger, Marks, Viers, Vice Chair Benedetti, Chair Wallis
Staff: Phil Wong, Planning Director; Debbie Chamberlain, Division Manager; Lauren Barr, Senior Planner; Alicia Poon , Deputy City Attorney; Luisa Amerigo, Recording Secretary
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL (Audio 00:03)
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS OR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: At this time those in the audience are encouraged to address the Planning Commission on any item not already included in tonight’s agenda. If possible, comments should not exceed five (5) minutes.
5. ADDITIONS AND REVISIONS
6. CONSENT CALENDAR (Audio 2:01)
7. CONTINUED ITEMS AFTER CLOSING OF PUBLIC HEARING –None- (Audio 2:26)
8. CONTINUED ITEMS – OPEN PUBLIC HEARING (Audio 2:30)
Lauren Barr, Senior Planner provided a PowerPoint Presentation for approval of a development of a 2-story, approximately 45,000 square-foot-City Hall building on a 10 acre lot located on the southern portion of Central Park.
Ted Korth from KSHA Architects provided information on the proposed City Hall building.
Chris Truebridge Vice President of Planning and Entitlements for Sunset Development provided background information on the proposed City Hall building.
Chair Wallis opened the public comment.
Jim Blickenstaff San Ramon resident stated that the building architecture needs to reflect the image of San Ramon. Mr. Blickenstaff added to consider changing the color of the building and have less glass.
Jim Warholic San Ramon resident stated to consider having offices on the second story so there will not be much wasted space within the rotunda.
Chair Wallis closed the public comment.
The motion was made by Planning Commissioner Benedetti and seconded by Planning Commissioner Viers that the Planning Commission adopt a Resolution of the Planning Commission of the City of San Ramon approving Land Use Permit 14-500-002, Development Plan 14-300-002, and Architectural Review 14-200-010 and the Certification of an Addendum to the City Center Project supplemental (SCH#2007042022) for a New City Hall Facility for the property located at 6070 Bollinger Canyon Road, (APN:213-040-049).YES: Commissioners: Benedetti, Viers, Kerger, Marks, Chair Wallis
10. NON-PUBLIC HEARING ACTION ITEMS (Audio 1:30)
11. STUDY SESSION/COMMISSIONER LIAISON REPORT AND INTEREST TERMS/STAFF REPORTS. (Audio 1:30:05)
12. ADJOURNMENT There being no further discussion Chair Wallis adjourned the meeting at 8:40 p.m. (Audio 1:39:21)