Planning Commission Minutes
MINUTES OF THE
A regular meeting of the Planning Commission for the City of San Ramon was called to order by Chair Wallis at 7:00 p.m., on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 in the Council Chambers, 2222 Camino Ramon, San Ramon CA.
Present: Commissioners; Kerger, Marks, Vice Chair Benedetti, Chair Wallis
Absent: Planning Commissioner Viers
Staff: Phil Wong, Planning Director; Debbie Chamberlain, Division Manager; Ryan Driscoll, Assistant Planner; Alicia Poon, Deputy City Attorney; Luisa Amerigo, Recording Secretary
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL (Audio 00:16)
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3.2 Nomination of Officers: Nomination of 204-2015 Planning Commission Chair and Vice Chair.
The Oath of Office was administered to Jeanne Benedetti and Rick Marks by Renee Beck, City Clerk.
It was moved by Planning Commissioner Kerger and seconded by Commissioner Marks to nominate Vice Chair Jeanne Benedetti as Chair. The motion passed unanimously.
It was moved by Chair Benedetti and seconded by Commissioner Marks to nominate Commissioner Kerger as Vice Chair. The motion passed unanimously.
3.3 Recognition of Outgoing Chair Eric Wallis presented by Chair Benedetti
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS OR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: At this time those in the audience are encouraged to address the Planning Commission on any item not already included in tonight’s agenda. If possible, comments should not exceed five (5) minutes.
5. ADDITIONS AND REVISIONS – None-
6. CONSENT CALENDAR ( Audio 16:00)
6.1 Minutes from meeting. Approved
7. CONTINUED ITEMS AFTER CLOSING OF PUBLIC HEARING –None-( Audio 16:53)
8. CONTINUED ITEMS – OPEN PUBLIC HEARING - None – ( Audio 16:56)
9. PUBLIC HEARING – NEW ITEMS – None- (Audio 16:59)
10. NON-PUBLIC HEARING ACTION ITEMS (Audio 17:03)
10.1 Etzel Residence Addition Appeal (AR 14-200-017). Staff Report by: Ryan Driscoll, Assistant Planner.
Ryan Driscoll, Assistant Planner provided a powerpoint presentation and summarized the appeal of the Zoning Administrators approval of an Architectural Review application based on the Architectural Review Board recommendation to modify a proposed 1,159 square foot addition to the existing residence.
Ed Etzel applicant provided a power point presentation and provided background information on the proposed 1,159 square foot addition to the existing residence.
Chair Benedetti opened the public hearing.
Ed Maier – San Ramon resident stated he was in favor of the breezeway and would blend with the neighborhood.
Bruce Holloway- San Ramon resident stated he does not support the four-car garage without the breezeway.
Paul Smith stated he was in favor of the breezeway and felt it was consistent with the surrounding neighborhood homes.
It was moved by Planning Commissioner Marks and seconded by Vice Chair Kerger to uphold the appeal and overturned the Zoning Administrators decision and direct staff to return with a resolution.YES: Commissioners: Marks, Vice Chair Kerger, Wallis, Chair Benedetti
ABSENT: Commissioner Viers
11. STUDY SESSION/COMMISSIONER LIAISON REPORT AND INTEREST TERMS/STAFF REPORTS. (Audio 1:24)
12. ADJOURNMENT There being no further discussion Chair Benedetti adjourned the meeting at 8:35 p.m. Submitted by: