- 21951 cvc: Vehicles stopped for pedestrians: If a vehicle is stopped for a pedestrian all vehicles to the rear of that vehicle shall also stop and not pass the stopped vehicle.
- 21952 cvc: Yield right of way to pedestrians on sidewalks: Before crossing a sidewalk the driver of a vehicle shall yield the right of way to any pedestrian approaching on the sidewalk.
- 21954 cvc: Pedestrian outside the crosswalk: Pedestrians outside the crosswalk shall yield to all traffic so close as to be a hazard. (The vehicle now has the right of way but still must drive with care for the pedestrians in the roadway.)
- 21461a cvc: Disobeying a regulatory sign or signal: It is illegal to disobey any regulatory sign or signal (No U turn signs, etc. This covers the no left turn signs from the drop off lots, and the no right turn on red signal when children present signs)
- 22103 cvc: U turn in residential district: It is illegal to make a u turn in a residential district when a vehicle is approaching in either direction within 200 ft.
- 22102 cvc: U turn in business district: It is illegal to make a u turn in a business district when a vehicle is approaching in either direction within 200 ft.
- 22400a cvc: Impeding traffic: No person shall stop in the roadway unless necessary for safety, in compliance with the law, so as to impede traffic and its regular flow. (This means no double parking or off loading children. This is not only illegal, but it is unsafe. Think what would happen if you were rear-ended while unloading your children in the street. This also means no blocking the intersection when the signal changes. Remember if you can’t proceed through the intersection because traffic is backed up, wait on the far side of the intersection until traffic moves and you can go through the intersection.)
- 22526 cvc: Blocking the intersection: It is illegal to stop in an intersection and block it when the signal turns green for opposing traffic.
- 22500c cvc: Stopping, Standing, or Parking in a safety zone: It is illegal to stop, stand, or park in a red curb or signed no parking zone. $20.00 fine.
- 22500b cvc: Stopping, Standing, or Parking in a crosswalk: It is illegal to stop, stand, or park a vehicle in a crosswalk. This is because you block the crosswalk and make the pedestrians walk in the street to get around your car. $20.00 fine.
- 22502 cvc: Parking more than 18 inches from the right curb: Also known as double parking. $20.00 fine.
- 22507.6 cvc: Parking in a handicapped zone: It is illegal to park in a marked handicapped zone or its adjacent marked walkway. $275.00 fine.
- 22500i cvc: Parking in a bus loading zone: It is illegal to park in a red curb marked or sign marked bus loading zone: $250.00 fine.
- 22522 cvc: Parking within 3 ft. of wheel chair access ramps to sidewalks: It is illegal to park within 3 ft of wheel chair access ramps to sidewalks. $250.00 fine.
- 22514 cvc: Parking at fire hydrants: It is illegal to park within 15 ft of a fire hydrant. $51.00 fine.
The following are additional traffic laws, safety tips, as well as Crossing Guard etiquette relevant for the local schools: