QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM
ANNUAL SURVEY RESULTS JULY 2012 – JUNE 2013
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of this program is to assure that the San Ramon Police Department is providing the highest quality service to all persons that we contact. It is accompanied by continual interaction to solicit feedback from the community we serve.
Supervisors of all employees of the San Ramon Police Department periodically initiated contact with citizens that interacted with our employees. The contact was made by the supervisors no less than two times per month, per employee and was conducted on a random basis.
The contact serves the following purposes:
- Allows supervisors to identify areas of improvement and specific topics for additional training
- Identifies employees who regularly provide exemplary service
- Establishes a benchmark/status report of the public’s perception of the San Ramon Police Department
Throughout the fiscal year July 2012 – June 2013 (the sixth year of the program), the supervisors of the San Ramon Police Department completed 564 quality assurance surveys with random citizens who interacted with the San Ramon Police Department.
The questionnaire allowed respondents to rate their experience with each officer as: very satisfied, satisfied or dissatisfied. Citizens were also asked if there was anything that could be done to improve the service of the San Ramon Police Department, and if they wanted to provide additional comments.
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM RESULTS
Of the 564 surveys collected, 46% (262) responded very satisfied, 53% (297) responded satisfied and less than 1% (5) responded dissatisfied.
WHAT THE COMMUNITY HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE SAN RAMON POLICE DEPARTMENT:
- “So professional, so caring. He spent the time to do it right.”
- “The whole thing was upsetting; the officer was great though!”
- “Very friendly and professional.”
- “He was a pleasure to deal with. He got here real fast and I thought it would take hours.”
- “The officer was excellent. We appreciate the Department’s involvement in our community.”
- “He did his job I have nothing against him.” (from an arrested person)
- “The officer was great. He thought outside the box and made a suggestion to me, which ultimately solved the crime.”
- “Excellent as always.”
- “The officer was helpful with a very frustrating situation.”