Garbage and Recycling services for apartment and condominium complexes with shared bin, cart, or compactor service in San Ramon are provided by:
Waste Management, Inc
Monday - Friday, 7 am to 5 pm
The City of San Ramon has a contract with Waste Management to provide these services. To lodge a complaint or if you are not satisfied with Waste Management’s services, please contact David Krueger at (925) 973-2824 or Dkrueger@sanramon.ca.gov
Contact WM if you need to::
- Start service
- Report a missed pick-up or any other service problem
- Replace or repair a cart, bin, box or compactor
- Change your container size or frequency of collection
- Resolve a billing issue
- Obtain general program information
Waste Management Holiday Schedule
Garbage and recycling collection in San Ramon through Waste Management does not occur on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. If your service falls on or after these holidays, your pickup will occur one day later through Saturday of that week.
Apartment and Condominium Garbage Rates
Waste Management bills monthly in arrears. The rates are established by the contract between the City and Waste Management and are adjusted every January 1 according to a cost index formula in the contract. Garbage rates are based upon the number, size, and type of garbage containers used, and the frequency of collection. Garbage rates for apartments and condominiums include recycling services at no additional charge.
Recycling services for San Ramon apartments and condominiums are available from Waste Management at no additional charge. To start recycling service, or to obtain assistance with your recycling service, have your property manager contact Ann Reese of Waste Management at
or AReese@wm.com. Waste Management can give presentations and provide educational materials (brochures, posters, bin labels) to help residents better participate in the program.
Apartments and condominiums can receive recyclables collection in either front-loader bins (dumpsters) or carts, whichever works best for each complex. The recycling bins are white, while the garbage bins are green, and they are labeled appropriately. Recyclables are collected at least weekly, and more frequent collection is provided if needed, at no additional charge. If you notice that the recycling bins or carts at your complex are frequently overflowing please report it to the property manager so that he or she can increase service.
What to Recycle
- Cardboard: flattened, non-waxed
- Paper: newspapers, junk mail, office paper, magazines, catalogs, phone books, paper bags, paper egg cartons, drink boxes, cereal boxes, and shoe boxes
- Cans: Aluminum, steel, and empty aerosol cans
- Glass: Bottles and jars
- Plastic Containers: Plastic bottles, jugs, and tubs, #1-7
- Plastic Bags: grocery, produce, dry cleaning, bread bags, bubble wrap, film plastic
How to Recycle
- Place all recyclables mixed together into the recycling cart or white recycling bin/dumpster. Waste Management will take the mixed recyclables to a recycling facility for separation and processing.
- Place plastic bags and film plastics into a plastic bag and tie it shut (Bag-a-Bag)
- Leave all other recyclables loose, do not place them into plastic bags (paper bags OK)
- Empty and scrape out or rinse containers. No need to wash them or remove labels
- Remove lids, caps, corks, and straws
- No need to remove envelope windows, staples, or paperclips from paper
- All items must fit into the recycling cart or white bin/dumpster.
What Not to Recycle
- Waxed cardboard
- Drinking glasses, window glass, plate glass, light bulbs
- Ceramic dishes and cups
- Plastics that are not bottles/jugs/tubs or bags/film
- Wet garbage, food, diapers
Restricted Items: Hypodermic needles, knives, sharp objects, chemicals, batteries, pressurized canisters (propane, butane, helium), or any type of hazardous waste. REMEMBER: People will be sorting and handling your recyclables at the recycling facility, please keep their safety in mind.
If you you have any questions or comments please contact David Krueger, Solid Waste and Recycling Program Manager at (925) 973-2824 or Dkrueger@sanramon.ca.gov.